The estimator position is responsible for commercial and residential takeoffs, preparing material and cost estimates. This incumbent reviews plans and specifications relative to the schedule and scope of work, and works closely with the project team to coordinate construction projects and paperwork.
- Read blueprints and specifications in order to prepare estimates
- Utilize computer for blueprint takeoffs
- Communicate with vendors and subcontractors
- Travel to jobsites to gather information on materials needed, labor required, and other factors
- Communicate with project managers, field superintendents and administrators
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret project specifications manuals, technical procedures and government regulations, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in some situations where only limited standardization exists, interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. Must possess valid auto insurance.
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must possess good mathematical skills
- Must possess good time management skills
- Must be proficient in reading blueprints/drawings
- Must have construction background
- Degree from an approved college or university or at least 3 years of specific experience and/or training related to the essential functions of the job or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Creative thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Good math skills
- Knowledge of blue print reading
- Solves problems effectively
- Well organized
- Works meticulously
- Works well in a team
Milbach Construction Services, Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Send resume to Milbach Construction Services, Co. 2651 Northridge Dr. Kaukauna, WI 54130 or e-mail resume to email@example.com attn.: Human Resources